ST GILES’, OXFORD

Back
Forwards

Balliol College’s Salvin Buildings


Salvin Buildings, Balliol College

St Giles’ Street proper starts here, near the north-west end of Balliol College. The college’s ivy-clad Salvin Buildings (English Heritage list entry 1046768) are mainly in Magdalen Street East, but extend at their north end into St Giles’ Street. They lie in St Mary Magdalen parish.

They were designed by Anthony Salvin and built in 1853 on the site of the college stables.

St Giles’ home

Stephanie Jenkins

Oxford History home